Friday, September 12, 2014

New Beginnings

I maintain another blog, thewritescott.blogspot.com, about my passion for writing. You couldn't tell it by how often I've failed to update the blog recently, but I still write. One of my life goals is to become a successful professional writer, with success defined as "paying the bills through writing."

It's not my only passion. Every time I decided to start another blog post over there, I found myself constructing yet another fitness related metaphor revolving around writing. In fact, I almost wish I'd started with that dual theme in the first place, but that was 60 pounds ago.

Rather than trying to pigeonhole the two ideas, I figured I'd just start another blog. Sure, I'll probably occasionally write about fitness over there, just like writing may come into play over here. But rather than divide the focus, the internet now gets a new blog about healthy living. Just what it needed, right?

In a nutshell, I'm one of those people that knew what to do to be healthy, but I let myself go. Badly. I looked like Doogie Howser ate William Shatner. After a few wake up calls, I changed my lifestyle in a big way. I'll share that story shortly.

Yeah. I'm also a nerd. Well, a geek really. It's kind of implied in the blog's title, and you can bet that Doctor Who will play into my next post.

Since getting into the best shape of my life, I've been ghost blogging health, workout and fitness articles through blogmutt.com. It's been fun.  It's been marginally profitable, to the point that I can officially declare myself a professional writer now. However, it's ghost writing, and I want to be able to tell the world, "Hey! Look at me! I'm the one that wrote this!"

Here goes. *Ahem* Hey! Look at me! I'm the one that wrote this!

Until next time. Keep transforming. Keep regenerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment